Fitness Classes are where you will meet new fitness friends and incorporate different modalities such as Yoga, Kettlebell Training, and Olympic Weightlifting for 60 minutes; providing a new obstacle for mundane cardiovascular and weight loss goals.
The numerous health benefits, when properly executed include:
- Building strength throughout the skeletal muscles in the body
- Anaerobic endurance
- Increased strength, density and toughness in the bone, muscle, tendon and ligaments
- Improved joint function
- Weight loss
- Boost to your immune system
- Helps to prevents depression, Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Disease and Obesity
- Stress reduction
- Improved cardiac function
- Elevated HDL (good) cholesterol
- An increase in your metabolism
- Augment body image and sex appeal
Fitness Classes can provide significant functional benefits and improvement in overall health and well-being. Obesity is a growing global concern and exercise may help reduce the effects of childhood and adult obesity. Health care providers often call exercise the “miracle” or “wonder” drug; alluding to the wide variety of proven benefits listed above. In order to receive the full benefits of the “training effect”, healthcare professionals recommend a minimum duration and frequency of one hour of exercise at least three times per week.